danah of connected selves has been profiled in this NYT article a few days ago on the front page of the Circuits section. Its a beautiful piece of advertisement for one of the more bizzarre and soon-to-be (if not already) influential characters in the world of social network and technology research (and strange blends of science as toys to play with.) I am sure many sociologists (and researchers and people in general) will not be particularily thrilled with the article for various reasons (jealousy, misunderstanding and the like). I think, though its intersting to have a very young researcher gain such a high profile early on in her career. She is poised to do some great things, now lets see how much ass she can kick in the next few years :).
I am very happy media is turning to this strange blend of researcher (the kind that I seem to be part of as well) and popularizing the mix of interests and abilities. Who knows, might affect the job market in a more positive way... hehe :)
No comments:
Post a Comment